Wednesday, November 08, 2006

13. Photographic Truth

A few people have recently asked, "Is Jamie Bourdon real?" Yes! He is real and really awful. And here are two photographs to prove both of my points:


1. Here, we see five friends enjoying a civil sushi dinner. Jamie and I are on the right side of the photograph, real as can be.


2. In this photo, we see the psychic essence of the scene, a social X-ray, if you will, revealing a Truth (big T) that goes beyond what a camera lens can capture. Please note the flies descending upon Jamie's head; as well as the mysterious binary message being transmitted by his devil horns. You might also note that I'm wearing Chanel glasses. The photo was taken in 2004, about a month before I left for Japan, at the very apex of my arty pretentiousness.





Whatever. At least I'm not Satan.

1 comment:

jamie said...

dear jenni,

why do you document my "reality" with the worst pictures of me in existence?

also, you can put chanel on a pig. doesn't make it cute.

love,
jamie