Saturday, September 16, 2006

3. Movie Night

This anecdote is dated November 13, 2002.

Once, against my better judgment, I rented a movie with Jamie Bourdon. He fell asleep as soon as the previews were over and snored loudly the entire time. He was also drooling. I might point out that Jamie had chosen the movie and had insisted repeatedly that we go see it when it was in the theater.

I said "no," because I am not rich.

The title was, "The Wedding Planner."

This was back when Jamie was obsessed with Jennifer Lopez and had been writing her one or two fan letters daily. Eventually, he got cheap and lazy and switched to fan emails. After she got that pink rock from Ben Affleck, Jamie locked himself in his room and cried for days. He wouldn't speak to us or eat or shower. We had to coax him out by promising him that we'd take him to Iowa City to buy Magic: The Gathering cards.

I never did that. I guess that makes me kind of a bad person, too.

1 comment:

jamie said...

dear jenni,

don't be so jealous that you couldn't beat my red deck in magic. it's tough--you'd need a blue counterspell deck to beat my onslaught of lightning bolt, fireball, and disintegrate spells.

also, j-lo called me yesterday. we have a dinner date scheduled for friday.

love always,
jamie