Wednesday, December 20, 2006

21. Sickness Sets In: Recent Headlines

Through some unknown mixture of science and magic, Jamie has managed to strike me down with a bizarre stomach illness that has lasted for three straight days. This is, perhaps, retalliation for my post (now deleted) about Jamie's on-again-mostly-off-again relationship with soap.

Additionally, Matthew McPrecious MacBecker writes from Michigan: "I love White Castle. White Castle is the new John Chavez. White Castle is Jamie Bourdon." I really don't know what this means.


Does this look appetizing to anybody?

And finally, in this world, sometimes you hate and sometimes you are hated. Or, threatened with hate, at the very least.


"I used to play quarterback for Yale! Read all about
it in this month's issue of 'The Believer!'" -Matthew Barney

Inscribed on the front cover of a magazine I recently borrowed:

"This magazine belongs to Matt Woolsey of the 105th Street Woolseys. If Jenni Wu steals it she should expect a blog to be named after her."

Which leads me to wonder...could anyone hate me with the same depth and conviction with which I hate Jamie? If so, it would certainly have to be for more than just stealing a magazine. That said, I promise to return your magazine, Mr. Woolsey.

And Mr. Becker, I don't get it: if you're the one eating Jamie Bourdon metaphors, why am I the one with a sick stomach?

1 comment:

kei said...

One of the amazing things about White Castle is that when you microwave a leftover Slider the next day and on, it tastes just like it did when you first got it from the restaurant. You lose absolutely nothing over time, even if that means it maintains its crappiness/mediocrity/awesomeness (depending on your preferences). Food chemistry is nuts!