Sunday, December 10, 2006

19. In Which I Apply to Get Even Closer to the Heart of Darkness (aka "The Midwest," aka "Jamie Bourdon's Apartment")

This is not an anecdote, but is dated December 10, 2006.

So, after a lot of thought and consideration (which consisted mainly of using the "Find and Replace" function in Microsoft Word), I finally submitted my graduate school application to the University of Chicago.

If accepted, I'll be able to study art historical methodology, critical historiography, and Walter Benjamin's "The Arcades Project."



I'll also gain valuable field experience in my secondary specialization, "Hating Jamie Bourdon" (this degree is granted free-of-charge through Jenni Wu University). For my dissertation, I will write "The Arcades Project, v. 2.0: The Internet (subtitled: A Complete History of Jamie Bourdon, or I Wrote You a Love Poem in Binary but You Didn't Understand, So Now I'm Going to Listen to The Cure, Drink Whiskey and Maybe Play Some Internet Poker if I Feel 'Up to It' (No Promises))."

1 comment:

kei said...

If you lived in Hyde Park, you'd be safely isolated and away from Jamie Bourdon. But that might mean that there would be fewer posts concerning the interaction between Jenni and Jamie in Chicago. Plus, Hyde Park is just not that exciting.

P.S. I'm glad this didn't become an I Love Matthew Barney blog. Barney has put me to sleep in the past, but never the posts on Jamie!